MSA IP was established in March 2012 by a group of professionals, led by Milan Milojevic and Vuk Sekulic, who previously worked together in a well-established regional IP firm.
The founders’ goal was to provide a best-in-class service for clients by:
- Providing a more motivating working environment for smart, talented lawyers and paralegals
- Working proactively alongside clients to better understand their needs and offer them the best solutions in a complex and constantly-changing environment.
Since 2012, MSA IP has grown significantly to become a major player on the regional IP scene. Our 1,000+ clients include leading international companies from various sectors: luxury goods, automotive, food and beverage, and pharmaceuticals, to name just a few.
We take pride in our team of attorneys and trademark agents, who possess an in-depth knowledge of local IP laws and procedures. They are backed by an experienced team of administrative staff, which enables a quick and expert response to our clients’ needs.
“Dynamic and modern”
“Fully deserves the highest possible ranking”
“Truly great business partner”
“Covers a broad spectrum of areas, with fantastic availability”
“Innovators who are flexible, and have absolutely first-rate local legal knowledge, strategic minds and a laser focus on what their clients need to achieve”
“Hard to fault them at all – great availability with a strong network in various CEE countries and responses in a short time”
Our practice areas
Our expertise encompasses all areas of IP law, including:
- Providing opinions on the registrability of trademarks, patents and designs
- Searches to establish prior rights that could represent obstacles to registration
- Filing, prosecution and maintenance
- Assignments and licensing
- Enforcing intellectual property rights through litigation, negotiation and arbitration
- Anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy activities.
We also provide services in the fields of IT law, domain name registration, and dispute resolution.
Our geographical coverage
While initially focused on South-Eastern and Eastern Europe, over time we have extended our activities to countries across the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and Central Asia.
We provide IP services in:
- South-Eastern Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo (UNSCR 1244),
- Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia
- Central and Eastern Europe: Czechia, Hungary, Slovakia
- CIS and Central Asia: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia,
- Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
Today, the firm also provides clearance and portfolio management work throughout the European Union and worldwide.
Awards & recognitions
MSA IP is highly ranked by and recommended by Chambers Europe, WTR 1000 and IP STARS. We’ve also won numerous industry awards, including the Client Choice Awards in 2015, 2017 and 2018.
These accolades are backed by phenomenal market feedback. As a brand, MSP IP has been recognised as “a young and dynamic outfit that does sterling work in intellectual property” (WTR 1000, 2020).
Meanwhile, as individuals, our legal experts regularly receive glowing feedback from clients. Milan Milojevic is regarded as “a highly active and well-respected market figure” (Chambers Europe 2014) and “a brilliant manager who is great with clients” (WTR 1000, 2020). Vuk Sekulic is praised by clients as “one of the most reliable lawyers in the region” (Chambers Europe, 2022) and “a top litigator whose performances in the courtroom are exemplary” (WTR 1000, 2020). You can read client feedback for our other top legal experts in their bios on our “People” page.
“Respected firm specialised in trade mark, design and patent litigation, acting throughout the CEE region”
“Their approach is both practical and original, always business-oriented and effective because of their great experience in the field”
“Offers cradle-to-grave branding support across Southeast Europe”
“Works intimately with brand owners to better understand their business needs and craft portfolio management strategies that will weather any storm”
“A formidable force”
“Substantial presence across Southeast Europe”
“Highly specialised expertise”
“Shines particularly brightly in the luxury goods, automotive, food and beverages and pharmaceuticals sector”
“Formidable insight into the idiosyncrasies of the local trademark system”
“Premium, bespoke solutions to client’s problems”
“Fast, responsive and possessed of outstanding knowledge”
MSA IP undertakes practices and policies that are intended to have a positive influence on the world.
Initiatives to drive social responsibility by the company and its employees include:
- Policies to reduce the firm’s impact on the environment, such as recycling bins in all offices and encouraging team members to minimise printing.
- Promoting volunteerism among company employees, including by organising actions to help children in need and people with disabilities.
- Corporate donations to charity.
Diversity and inclusion
As a multi-jurisdictional law firm that employs people from different countries and of different nationalities, we are naturally diverse. Today, we are proud of the gender and cultural balance of the company, and see diversity as one of our biggest assets.
Our hiring practices and our inclusivity initiatives, including those promoting the representation of women, make MSA IP an exemplar of workplace diversity. You can read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion on our People page.
MSA IP is certified to the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 Quality management systems. By meeting the specifications of this international standard, MSA IP demonstrates its:
- Ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer needs, as well as any statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Ambition to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction through effective application of its quality management system, including processes for improvement.
MSA IP has professional liability insurance with a coverage limit of up to €10 million (per claim and aggregate).